march 21st, 2018 was the day of the starbucks annual general meeting.
We joined our partners on the ground in Seattle, & you showed your solidarity by taking direct action with us nationwide & around the world.
Thanks to earth activists like you, letters to Starbucks Managers were handed in at 40 locations in 6 countries outlining our coalition demands:
1. Keep your 2008 promise & serve 25% of hot and cold beverages in reusable cups.
2. Reduce plastic pollution by eliminating single-use plastics like straws & stirrers.
3. Keep your 2008 promise & make a 100% recyclable cup without plastic lining.
4. Manage & recycle all cups & food packaging in all stores.
5. Report publicly on the type & amount of plastics used in packaging.
6. No global double standards. Sustainability goals include making the same progress in the Global South as in the Global North!